This post will delve into the Immersive Reader, a powerful tool that enhances reading and comprehension. The Immersive Reader can rescue you if you’re struggling with tiny text, a language barrier, or want to focus better on the content. Let’s review the steps to use this tool on desktop and mobile devices, complemented with some handy tips.
Using the Immersive Reader on Desktop:
Step 1: Open Microsoft Teams and navigate to the chat whose message you want to read using the Immersive Reader.
Step 2: Hover over the message and click the “More options” (three dots) button.
Step 3: From the dropdown menu, select “Immersive Reader.”
Step 4: The Immersive Reader will open, presenting the message text in an easy-to-read format. Here, you have several options to customize your reading experience:
- You can change text size, spacing, and font.
- You can adjust the page theme to an easy colour on your eyes.
- You can enable “Line focus” to concentrate on one, three, or five lines simultaneously.
- You can also have the text read aloud, with options to adjust the voice speed and male/female voice.
Using the Immersive Reader on Mobile:
Step 1: Open the Microsoft Teams app and navigate to the chat whose message you want to read using the Immersive Reader.
Step 2: Press and hold the message until a menu appears, then select “Immersive Reader.”
Step 3: Like on the desktop, you’ll see the message text in a reader-friendly format. You can then customize your reading experience using the available options.
Extra Tips and Tricks:
- Language Support: The Immersive Reader includes a “Translate” feature that can translate the text into different languages, which is particularly useful for multilingual teams or when dealing with foreign language text.
- Grammar Tools: You can break words into syllables or highlight different parts of speech (like nouns, verbs, and adjectives) to understand the text better.
- Picture Dictionary: The Immersive Reader provides a Picture Dictionary for some languages. When you click on a word, you’ll see a picture representing the word, which can help with understanding and vocabulary building.
- Read Aloud: Even if you’re not struggling with the text, you might find the Read Aloud feature useful. It can help you stay focused or use it for multitasking—listening to the message while doing something else.
The Immersive Reader in Microsoft Teams Chat is a fantastic tool that caters to different reading styles and needs, making the platform more inclusive and user-friendly. So, the next time you find yourself wrestling with a complex text in Teams, remember that the Immersive Reader is there to help you.